Thursday 25 June 2009

Michael Jackson is Dead

I was just about to head to bed when I came across this news. Today the once King of Pop, Michael Jackson, has passed away. L.A. Times reports:
[Updated at 3:15 p.m.: Pop star Michael Jackson was pronounced dead by doctors this afternoon after arriving at a hospital in a deep coma, city and law enforcement sources told The Times.]
It seems that he was found not breathing in his house and was rushed to hospital, where he slipped into a coma and then died.

Now I know that he's had a lot of negative press over the last (two) decade(s) or so, whether deserved or not. And I didn't really care much for him anymore. But in my youth he was the King of Pop and my number one favorite musician. I listened to all his records and loved his music. "Thriller", "Billy Jean", "Beat It", "Bad", "Smooth Criminal"... I've just been looking through his singles discography again and it just brings back so many memories.

And I have to admit that I was rather curious as to what his comeback would do, whether he'd bring us more new music on-par with his old work. Unfortunately that will never happen.

My condolences to his family and my thanks to Michael for giving us so much wonderful music, regardless of what happened after.

No comments: