Thursday 9 February 2012

50!

As of yesterday evening I got my (first) character to level 50!

That makes Star Wars: The Old Republic the second MMO (not counting Guild Wars) in which I've reached maximum level (the first one being Age of Conan).

Here are some other facts about the number 50 (and the year 50) that you might not know:

  • 50 (fifty) is the natural number following 49 and preceding 51.
  • 50 is the smallest number that is the sum of two non-zero square numbers in two distinct ways: 50 = 12 + 72 = 52 + 52. It is also the sum of three squares, 50 = 32 + 42 + 52. It is a Harshad number.
  • There is no solution to the equation φ(x) = 50, making 50 a nontotient. Nor is there a solution to the equation x - φ(x) = 50, making 50 a noncototient.
  • The aliquot sum of 50 is 43 and its aliquot sequence is (50,43,1,0). Fifty is itself the aliquot sum of 40 and 94.
  • 50 is the atomic number of tin.
  • 50 is the fifth magic number in nuclear physics.
  • In Kabbalah, there are 50 Gates of Wisdom (or Understanding) and 50 Gates of Impurity.
  • 50 is the traditional number of years in a jubilee period.
  • There are 50 states in the United States of America. The TV show Hawaii Five-O is so called because Hawaii is the 50th state.
  • 50 years of marriage is the gold or "golden" wedding anniversary.
  • Year 50 started on a Thursday (same day of the week as this post).
  • Year 50 was known as the Year of the Consulship of Vetus and Nerullinus (before Anno Domini became in use in the early medieval period).
  • In year 50 Cologne was raised to the status of a city.
  • In year 50 Romans learned to wash themselves with soap.
  • In year 50 the Dutch city of Utrecht, where I got my university diploma (a bit later), was founded.
  • In year 50 the Romans built the (first) London Bridge across the Thames out of wood.
  • In year 50 the African Great Lakes were discovered by the Greek explorer Diogenes.
  • In year 50 Cai Lun, Chinese inventor of paper and the papermaking process, was born.
  • The Asterix comics are all set in the year 50 BC.

So you can see that the number 50 is quite a distinguished one and I am proud to add my characters level to that accomplished list.

6 comments:

BakaMatt said...

A hearty congratulations!

Josh 'Burek' Bury said...

Congrats! Any specific plans for the character now?

Ayane said...

Thank you, both. :)

Right now my plan is to finish my class story first; I've still got Corellia at least to go. After that finishing off quests and hunting down datacrons probably, but my main plan for after that is to play my Consular to 50.

And maybe actually get into some actual roleplaying, which so far I haven't yet really.

Josh 'Burek' Bury said...

Well I can't speak to the Republic quests on Corellia, but the Empire ones were absolutely awesome. I'd recommend finishing the planet's main story arc in addition to your class quest!

Adam Paul said...

Congrats! I'm sitting at 46 right now. Voss is a beautiful world and I'm pretty much savoring it at the moment.

I've opted to not race to 50 in SWTOR like I did in WOW. I am thouroughly enjoying the content right now in SWTOR.

I'll keep you guys updated as well on my site dollada06.com.

Vee Tegen said...

Ayane,
Mr. Robot is looking for several blogs with quality content to access his alpha and review the site. We've selected your blog because of the 'Facts about 50' article.

You see, Mr. Robot has a big personality and he wants it to shine through. He thinks you have the skills to pull that off, and have fun with a review or interview with Mr. Robot.

If you are unfamiliar with Mr. Robot's tools for WoW, here's some background. Mr. Robot made some gear optimization tools for end-game players last year. Here's some screenshots of his SWTOR tool that he's going to launch around the end of February.

Would you be interested in reviewing and/or interviewing Mr. Robot?