See what the future holds for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ in this brand new video which showcases some of the new game content and game systems that we will release in the coming months. In it, you will be able to take your first look at upcoming game content, including new Warzones and Flashpoints. You will also have the chance to get a sneak peek at the expanded Legacy system that’s coming to the game, UI customization, as well as new Guild features!
The video talks about the Flashpoint and how part two is coming in the future, it talks about a new PvP Warzone and ranking coming, it talks about the Legacy system showing a Miraluka with a red lightsaber (Miraluka Sith?), it talks about the guild bank and user interface customization. Showing examples of all. And they stress again that they listen to the community.
It's all looking quite good, though if "you can play the faction-restricted races on the other side now" is the main selling point for the Legacy system I'm going to be disappointed. I'll take it more as a sneak peak though. In fact I'll take everything like that. After all, it's all still very much in development I'm sure.
After the break I'll post the most recent patch notes, (hopefully) fixing the mess on Ilum and a few other things.
And here are the latest patch notes:
1.1.0a Patch Notes - 1/19/2012
- Fixed an issue that caused assigned loot bags in Karagga’s Palace to distribute items with class inappropriate stats.
- Players can no longer enter the opposing faction’s safe base area, thus preventing players from continually "camping" the other faction's base.
- Turrets inside faction bases were not intended to be destroyed and are now immune to damage.
- The population cap for instances of Ilum has been reduced to improve performance.
- Implemented optimizations to improve performance on Ilum.
Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
- Loading screens no longer appear when other players spawn nearby.