Tuesday 20 December 2011

“Your Saga Begins” Launch Documentary

No, I haven't posted last Friday's update yet. I'm working on that post, but had Internet trouble yesterday and for the rest I've been kinda busy (in a galaxy far, far away). And I've got to leave to catch my plane in five minutes, so this'll have to do.

With it being launch day today I did want to post this though. In celebration of launch day BioWare released a new documentary video titled "Your Saga Begins". here is the official news:

The day has arrived! We are excited to announce that Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is on store shelves. This is an exciting day for all of us at BioWare and LucasArts, and to celebrate the launch of the game we want to show you all a short video. This documentary chronicles the development of the game, with members of the Star Wars: The Old Republic development team talking about the experience creating epic stories that allow players to live out their very own Star Wars™ fantasies in a galaxy populated with thousands of other players.

Be sure to watch “Your Saga Begins” now, and then pick up your copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic to explore iconic worlds and take on epic adventures with your friends.

Dammit BioWare now I don't want to go on vacation. (Ok, not entirely true, I'm much looking forward to seeing my family again, but even so I also want to play).

After the break another short BioWare post and a link to the official press release.


BioWare also reminds people that they can buy SWTOR as a gift for their friends:

The holiday season is upon us, and one of the best gifts this season is also one of the most highly anticipated games of the year! Now available for purchase at select videogame retailers, Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ from BioWare and LucasArts lets players transport themselves into the Star Wars™ universe thousands of years before the classic films. Players can live out their own Jedi, Sith, or Bounty Hunter fantasies with thousands of other players online.

Media outlets from around the world, including ABC News, CNN, Entertainment Weekly, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times and more are naming Star Wars: The Old Republic as one of the season’s hottest gifts!

  • “Avoid the rush and pre-order for the Sith Lord or Jedi Master on your holiday shopping list.” – CNN
  • “I can recommend it for both Star Wars fans and online gamers.” – New York Times
  • “Perfect for the PC Gamer on your list.” - Complex.com

There’s still time for you to secure copies of The Old Republic for you and your loved ones. Give the gift of Star Wars: The Old Republic this holiday season by visiting our Purchase Page right now!

Of course, when I went a look to do just that the page told me that it (that being the digital version) is sold out at the moment with new stock coming soon. I knew that they'd do that so as to try and keep a handle on how many people get in, but I'd say that if you're out of stock you don't make an advertising suggesting that people buy it. "Here, buy this great product!" "Oh thank you, I'll take one please" "Sorry, all sold out. Here, buy this great product!" Yeah.

And finally before I have to rush off, a link to the official launch press release.

And that's it, I've got to fly (literally). have a great Holidays and have fun playing. Don't get too far ahead of me.

No comments: