Thursday 31 March 2011

UK Community Event

Two days ago SWTOR Community Manager Stephen Reid twittered that a special, London specific, announcement was coming. A bit later this was revealed to be a surprise community event in London next week (full post on the official forums):
On Tuesday, April 5th at gamerbase, inside HMV at the Trocadero (near Piccadilly Circus, London - here's a Google Map) we'll be doing a ONE NIGHT ONLY community event where a limited number of Forum members will be able to play Star Wars: The Old Republic!

Entrance is free, but INVITES ARE STRICTLY LIMITED on a first-come, first-serve basis.

While such events are very cool, I normally wouldn't separately report them like this (and instead catch them in the developer quotes post or reporting on any general events news posts from BioWare). This one is different though, because it seems I've managed to get myself invited. Earlier today I got this PM from Stephen Reid on the official forums:
You're attending the 7pm gamerbase session

THIS IS NOT YOUR OFFICIAL INVITE - just a notification to ease the pain of waiting.

Your official invite will arrive in your email tomorrow (Thursday).

I'll see you in London.

So it seems that next Tuesday I'll get a chance to play Star Wars: The Old Republic for an hour. And of course afterwards (either immediately or in the days after, depending on how fast I can type) I'll post a report here (assuming that's allowed, which I'm fairly certain that it will be).

I work fairly close to the Trocadero too (cycling past it every day on my way home), so is easy to find. Can't wait. :)

No comments: