Thursday 21 January 2010

SWTOR Trailer Nominated for VES Award

The Visual Effects Society (VES) announced the nominees for the 8th Annual VES Awards ceremony, with awards in various categories for film, animation, television, commercials and video games.

Among the various categories Star Wars: The Old Republic has been nominated for "Outstanding Visual Effects in a Video Game Trailer". I'm assuming that this refers to the "Deceived" cinematic trailer they unveiled at last year's E3 (mainly because it's the only official trailer):


Star Wars: The Old Republic isn't the only BioWare Trailer nominated; one of the other nominees is Mass Effect 2 (with I assume their cinematic trailer revealed last Christmas). Both trailers were created by Blur. Though that makes me wonder why the Dragon Age: Origins trailer wasn't nominated.

Other nominees are DJ Hero (with I'm guessing this trailer) and Halo 3: ODST (I'm guessing for this trailer). I think that they make a decent chance of winning.

Congratulations to BioWare and Blur on the two nominations.

The 8th Annual VES Awards will take place on Feb. 28, 2010, at the Hyatt
Regency Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles, CA.

No comments: